Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Changes and Branding

Changing things around a bit on the blog...not a major overhaul...but getting some new icons for my signature and my ratings. Going to switch from Koalas to Frogs...I know major change in animals, but frogs reminded me of summer. I also want to see if I can make my own background. That ought to be interesting!!! LOL.

During the #bblog twitter event...everyone talked about branding. I am still not sure what "branding" is, but bloggers seem to take it seriously. I don't know if it is the header, avatar, gravitar, background, etc. that you use...or the content of your blog.  Either way, I guess my "brand" would be "the world" for World According to Books, or if it were content...it would be romance. Even though my tastes are somewhat eclectic, I seem to be reading and reviewing a lot of romance novels.

However, one of the main points that I got out of the discussion is to be consistent throughout the Internet...blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc. That would be kind of hard for me to do...as I started using a "wolf" picture as my avatar both on my blog, and when I comment on other blogs. I also have a Twitter account with my name instead of my blog name as so many others do...@momof4Kara. My Facebook account is my personal account...I guess I could always make a page for my blog, but not sure what I would say everyday to make it interesting. Maybe I'll investigate what others do on their pages.

All in all, it was an interesting event, and I look forward to the next discussion.

1 comment:

Erotic Horizon said...

Branding is good -especially if blogging is something you know you are going to do for a while...

I am rather stuck with the name E.H or Erotic Horizon... I have thought about changing it as well to something more mainstream as I read so many different genres...

But everyone now associate me with the name...

I love the froggy avatars - definitely summer...

I look forward to seeing how you get on with your background..

E.H>

Related Posts with Thumbnails