Friday, July 2, 2010

Book Blogger Hop


This is an event that happens every week...and I thought this week that I would participate. It sounds like a great way to connect with other bloggers, find some new ones to add to my Google Read (yeah, like I need to add more...LOL), and see what books people are suggesting (as if I need to add more to my TBR pile too)!!

What is Book Blogger Hop you ask? 
In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and find new book-related blogs that we may be missing out on!  This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books!
Head on over to Crazy for Books to read more about the Hop...a couple of rules that need to be followed, and start connecting with other book bloggers.

This week Jennifer is changing things up a bit by asking a question for each hopper to answer...this week the question is:
Tell us your NAME and WHY YOU STARTED BLOGGING

My name is Kara and I started blogging back in 2007. I didn't know the first thing about blogging...my reviews were so simplistic just stating whether I liked or didn't like the book. At that time in my life, I had recently discovered books again after years of not picking one up. I was suffering from depression, feeling lonely, not interested in anything. Then one night I was surfing the Internet and discovered eBooks. The first eBook I read was Christine Feehan's Dark Prince.

That's all it took...I was hooked on books. I couldn't get enough of them. So I started searching for books to read and discovered Book Blogs. I thought what a great way to keep a record of what I was reading and my thoughts on the books (I had never kept track before). I didn't have a clue what I was doing...didn't think I could do it...thought it was to complicated...but I forged ahead. I decided on Blogger because I thought that was the easiest to use. I started with a very simple design and wrote my first post...knew nothing about sidebars, inserting pictures, linking...but through the help of other bloggers out there, I soon learned and am still learning the tricks of the trade.

I love my blog...it is an outlet for me to discuss the books I love, connect with other people, find out what is happening in the world of books, and make some acquaintances with other bookish people. I so want to go to a book blog convention one of these days...maybe when the kids are older I will find the funds and time to accomplish that goal.

Well, there it is in a nutshell...why I started blogging. What made you start up a blog??

10 comments:

Mash1195 said...

Hi..New follower via hop. You can find me here CMash

Leah said...

Hi, I found you through the hop. Your link is just below ours. Glad to have found you. Off to check out your latest reviews.

Sarah said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am going to take a look around. Have a great day!

Chelle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! When I began blogging I had no clue about how many other book bloggers there were...no clue at all. That's one of the reasons why I love the Hop. I find so many knew and interesting readers every week. Happy Fourth!

Emma Michaels said...

I am a follower! I also wanted to let you know that I have a huge announcement up today! My debut novel is getting published! Please stop by, I would really appreciate it and could use all the help I can get on spreading the word and would love to know what you think of the cover art!

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

P.S.- My release date if Friday the 13th (August this year) isn't that crazy?

Larissa said...

Hopping in from the Book Blogger Hop! =))

I'm a new follower! =)

Happy Reading!

Have a great weekend!

xoxo

http://www.larissaslife.com/2010/07/book-blogger-hop-folow-my-book-blog.html

Kristin said...

Hi...thanks for stopping by my blog via the hop. I am now hopping over to yours!

I'm a new follower and look forward to coming back to see your book thoughts!

Have a great weekend!

Fiona said...

That's an interesting question. Although my answer isn't that interesting to be honest...

I did actually start a book blog a long time ago but I kinda didn't really bother with it. That was before I'd found Goodreads.

Before GR I'd only kept a hand written log, which I transferred to GR and now I keep a spreadsheet log as well...

But I only started blogging about just over a month ago so I'm a blog-baby still. I seemed to have joined at a good time with the new Design feature.

I joined up because - well a bunch of people I knew at Goodreads did and I'd been thinking about it for a while anyway just wasn't really sure what it all entailed.

I never really thought of books socially until I joined Goodreads but since then the social aspect of reading has really lit my feathers on fire and I love it.

Vicki said...

Caught you through the Hop! I'm now following and have added you to my Book Blog List.

Hope you can hop over my way too ;)

Care to venture into The Wolf's Den?

Tresa said...

Just hopping over to say HI!!

I just joined up last night and had so much fun browsing other book-lovers blogs. It was nice to read I'm not the only addict. lol

lol ...heres a funny though I have been a follower of your blog for a long time.

~Tresa
http://snewo.wordpress.com/2010/07/24/book-hop-follow-my-blog-friday/

Related Posts with Thumbnails